Cyberworkplace and Techniek College Rotterdam are excited to announce the launch of the third edition of the CSI-010: Digital Forensics course on April 9, 2021. After the successful pilot in 2019 and the second edition in 2020, the organizations are introducing a few improvements. This year’s program includes several new guest lectures, remote access, a buddy program, and more. Former participants who wish to rejoin the course will have a chance to join as student assistants. While guiding the new participants, they can acquire new digital forensics knowledge and improve their mentoring and teamwork skills.
As a result of the high interest in the previous editions of this course, participants’ number has been increased from 20 to 25. By doing this, Cyberworkplace and Techniek College Rotterdam wish to reach a bigger group of passionate young people and give them a chance to develop in digital forensics.
What is CSI-010 Digital Forensics?
CSI-010 Digital Forensics is a digital forensics course at an MBO level organized in collaboration between Cyberworkplace, Techniek College Rotterdam, and Revnext. In 8 weeks, 25 students will have hands-on lectures on digital forensics’ different aspects and learn how to detect and prevent cybercrime. After successful completion of the course, the participants will receive a certificate.
What does the course look like?
In eight lessons, the participants will be introduced to the world of digital forensics. By practicing with real cases, presentations by experts from the field as guest lecturers, and relevant theory, participants will get a taste of what it means to work as a digital forensic investigator.
- 1st lesson: Introduction to the ethical and legal framework of digital forensics
- 2nd lesson: Local incident response
- 3rd lesson: Local incident response
- 4th lesson: Local Incident Response
- 5th lesson: Network Forensics
- 6th lesson: Webserver analysis
- 7th lesson: Web server analysis
- 8th lesson: Final challenge
The workshops are taking place on Fridays. Because of the Corona measures, the workshops will be given online. The course materials are in English.
What are the requirements to participate?
- You have basic IT knowledge
- You have basic skills in programming and ethical hacking (an advantage)
- You are between 16 and 27 years old
- You are available to participate in the entire program. Lessons are given on Friday between April 9, 2021, and June 11, 2021 (except for the May holiday between May 7, 2021, and May 14, 2021).
- You have a laptop * (You don’t have a computer, but you still want to participate? Please contact Cyberworkplace for the possibilities.)
- You are enthusiastic and motivated to learn
How to join?
Participation in this course is limited to students of Cyberworkplace and Techniek College Rotterdam only. Register now and become a student of Cyberworkplace! Application deadline: March 12, 2021.
More info about the course here.